How Do I Do DI in the Gulf Coast Region? ( Getting Started )
** NEW ** Check out this document from DI headquarters ( Click here )
1. Purchase a team membership
If you are in public school:
- Check the contact page to see if your school district has a contact. If one is listed, email and then follow the process established by your school district. ·
- If no contact is listed, follow the directions below.
If you are a private school, independent team (scout troop, 4-H, etc.), or school district new to DI:
- Purchase team memberships from ShopDI, www.shopdi.org. Shop DI will send your team membership number and all the materials you need to get started and prepare successfully for competition.
2. Register your team
- Register at the Texas affiliate (state) site, www.texasdi.org, as a Team Manager when your team membership number arrives!
- Do not check the complete box at this time. You will need to visit this page a number of times before the regional tournament to enter additional information. You should submit your registration once all information is complete. You should make sure to save however. Click here for more detailed instructions.
- Guide the team as they select a challenge, develop ideas, and prepare for competition.
- Practice Instant Challenge as often as possible,
- Remember to check regularly for challenge clarifications at www.destinationimagination.org.
- Each team must provide one appraiser and one volunteer for tournament day. Learn more about appraisers and volunteers here.
5. Register for Regional Tournament
- To register for tournament, all of your team data including your appraiser must be entered at the Texas DI website.
- When you have entered all of the data, check the Complete box.
- You must submit this form electronically no later than January 15th. Registrations submitted on or before Nov 30th only pay $40.00. The cost from December 1 through December 31 goes up to $80.00, and no registrations will be accepted that are submitted after January 15, 2015. The cost to register from Jan 1 through Jan 15 is $100.
- Note: If your school district pays for your team registration, they will be billed, and even though the website wants you to pay , do not pay if your school district pays your registration. If you are independent, you will pay online through Paypal.
6. Tournament Schedule
The schedule will be available one week prior to tournament. Your regional director will email the schedule to you directly.