How Do I Do DI in the Gulf Coast Region?
1. Purchase a team membership
If you are in public school:
- Check the contact page to see if your school district has a contact. If one is listed, email and then follow the process established by your school district. ·
- If no contact is listed, follow the directions below.
If you are a private school, independent team (scout troop, 4-H, etc.), or school district new to DI:
- Purchase team memberships and background check from ShopDI, www.shopdi.org. Shop DI will send your team membership number and all the materials you need to get started and prepare successfully for competition.
- Guide the team as they select a challenge, develop ideas, and prepare for competition.
- Practice Instant Challenge as often as possible,
- Remember to check regularly for challenge clarifications at www.destinationimagination.org.
- Each team must provide one appraiser and one volunteer for tournament day. Learn more about appraisers and volunteers here.
4. Register for Regional Tournament
- Register your team at registeryourteam.org
- Note: If your school district pays for your team registration, they will be billed, and even though the website wants you to pay , do not pay if your school district pays your registration. If you are independent, you will pay online.
5. Tournament Schedule
The schedule will be available one week prior to tournament.